Lifestyle sessions are just beautiful. They depict the newborn in their natural environment and I love being able to showcase this. The biggest concern I see parents have when trying to decide studio vs. lifestyle is concerns about their home. For example it not being professional decorated, it isn’t exactly like how they want it to look, but whose home ever is? I have the ability to work in different situations and what I will see from a creative standpoint will be different from what you may see.
- After Delivery – After you have your baby please contact me via text, email or phone so we can start planning for the session. Photographing your newborn’s lifestyle session within the first 7 – 14 days offers allows us to take advantage of your baby’s natural sleep patterns.
- Session Time – We plan for first thing in the morning between 9:00 and 10:00 this is when your newborns are typically the sleepiest.
- Breastfeeding – If you are breastfeeding it is important to avoid caffeine and spicy foods starting 48 hours prior to the session, this can cause stomach upset, gas as well as the baby can be more alert and jumpy.
- 1 hour prior to my arrival heat the home – starting one hour prior to my arrival crank up the heat. 80 degrees. Once the home heats up after I am there, we can turn it off. This is to help keep your newborn as comfortable as possible to ensure the session goes smoothly. Newborns at this stage are still trying to regulate their body temperature and can become very cold quickly when clothing is removed.
- Blinds & Drapes – Open blinds and drapes in living room, parents room & nursery.
- Clutter – Make the bed, fluff pillows, clear nightstands. Clean off any counters, coffee tables, etc.
- Things to have handy – Pacifier, gas drops
- What should baby wear – Neutral or white onesie, favorite wrap or blanket
- ½ hour prior to arrival – please change your babies diaper and give one last feeding